- I pray that we may care for the sick as human beings..
- I pray that we may feed the starving in our midst...
- I believe that most people hunger after spirituality, even if that
- hunger remains in many cases unconscious.
- The sense of real purpose - the life force -could be expelled from a
- society whose leaders are obsessed by money, muscle and machinery.
- That society could - quite simply - die.
- -- Patrick White, 1989
In this centenary year of the novelist's birth, Ken Parker reflects on Patrick White's life and writings, exploring the creed and prayer reflected in the novels.
||Wednesday 6 June
||7.30 pm – 9.30 pm
||St Peter's Hall, Eastern Hill
||$15 (concession: $12)
||Fr Ken Parker|
Ken Parker is the rector of Castlemaine in the Diocese of Bendigo and rural dean of Mount Alexander Deanery. He has spent a lifetime being fascinated by the links between literature and spirituality and is an enthusiast for the theologies of some of our great writers, not least Patrick White.
Authorized by the Vicar
and the Institute for Spiritual Studies
Maintained by the Editor
© 2012 The Institute for Spiritual Studies