We welcome you to your reading of the ISS list of offerings for 2009. As ever, there is a range of topics and times designed to offer at least several seminars that sound like something you would very much wish to attend. Please let others know what is on, and feel free to encourage them to join with us. Many of those who attend our evening seminars may well decide to come at the last moment — this is fine by us. When it comes to the all-day seminars, it helps our catering if you book in advance.
Our thanks again this year to the organising committee chaired by Dr Jan Gordon-Clark. Jan has been doing this excellent work for some 16 years and has very much put her distinctive and capable mark on the ISS. She will be retiring from these responsibilities as of the beginning of 2009. She and Henry have worked tirelessly on ISS matters. We thank them warmly, as we make our preparations for new people to take on these and other committee and supporting tasks in the future. If you would like to assist the functioning of the ISS in any way, please feel free to contact me.
With every good wish for the year ahead,
Rev'd Dr John Davis
Vicar of St Peter's Eastern Hill, Melbourne
Director of the Institute for Spiritual Studies
Program for 2009
Click on the name or title for further details about any event.
- 1. Revd Canon John Stewart.
Preparing for a Lenten Journey:
A Lenten Quiet Day
- Saturday 21 February, 10.00 am3.30 pm
- 2. Dr Frank Mobbs.
Can God be Proven?
- Thursday 12 March, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 3. Right Revd Graeme Rutherford.
Leaning Close to Jesus
in Order to be Close to God
- Tuesday 21 April, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 4. Ian Breward.
Uniting the Inner and the Outer World
- Tuesday 5 May, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 5. Simon Gipson and Dr Barbara Kameniar.
- Saturday 23 May, 10.00 am3.30 pm
- 6. Tarrawarra Abbey.
Ecumenical Vespers for the Vigil of Pentecost
- Saturday 30 May, 3.00 pm6.00 pm
- 7. Andrew Raiskums.
- Tuesday 9 June, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 8. Professor Ross Langmead.
and Walking Alongside Chin and Karen Christians
- Thursday 18 June, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 9. Very Revd Dr Michael Protopopov.
- Thursday 2 July, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 10. Dr John Willis.
The Story of The English Hymnal
- Tuesday 21 July, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 11. David Hilliard.
The Religious Crisis of the 1960s in Australia
- Wednesday 12 August, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
- 12. Joseph Camilleri and Ismail Albayrak.
Faith and Violence
- Saturday 29 August, 10.00 am3.30 pm
- 13. Dr William Johnston.
Three Anglican Masters of Inter-Religious
Dialogue and the Parliament of the World's Religions (December 2009)
- Wednesday 9 September, 7.30 pm9.30 pm
Authorized by the Vicar
and the Institute for Spiritual Studies
Maintained by the Editor
© 2009 The Institute for Spiritual Studies